Annual statewide conference will provide information and resources to businesses owners and entrepreneurs
Business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs will have an opportunity to access resources and learn more about overcoming the issues and challenges of launching or expanding a business during the Governor’s Conference on Small Business 2013. The annual statewide conference, taking place in Reno for the first time on August 28 at the Grand Sierra Resort, will provide a comprehensive one-stop resource for information on funding, licensing, regulatory compliance and much more.
Conference attendees can visit booths of more than 50 organizations and service providers throughout the day hosted by local, county and state government agency representatives, chambers of commerce, small business resource organizations and funders. Three interactive and informative panel discussions are scheduled and will address topics including: Access to Capital, Educating Tomorrow’s Workforce and Health Insurance: Myths and Facts. The conference will culminate at a luncheon featuring special guest speaker Google’s Anthony Levandowski and keynote address by Governor Brian Sandoval.
Highlights of the event:
· Small business owners and consumers are concerned about the impact of the health insurance mandate of the Affordable Care Act. Division of Insurance Commissioner Scott Kipper and Silver State Exchange Director Jon Hager will address the issue at a panel discussion taking place at 10:45 am in the Carson Room.
· The event will feature a loan pavilion where business owners can sit one-on-one with a loan consultant to discuss and determine their lending options in a more confidential setting.
· Small businesses can interface one-on-one with top level state officials from a number of state agencies to address concerns and obtain assistance including Secretary of State’s Office, Taxation, Real Estate, Financial Institutions and more.
· Conference speaker Anthony Levandowski, Engineering Manager at Google, and his team will be showcasing their new self-driving model Lexus and is slated to speak about business innovation and entrepreneurship.
· Governor Sandoval will greet and pose for pictures with conference attendees immediately after his delivery of the keynote address as the luncheon concludes.
Registration opens at 7:30 am and light breakfast snacks will be provided. Advanced registration is strongly recommended and includes access to the business expo, panel discussions and conference luncheon.
Advanced registration is $35 per person at http://business.nv.gov/Business/GCSB/2013_GCSB or by calling The Chamber at (775) 636-9550. Walk-in registration is $45 and will be accommodated as seating allows.
To learn more about the conference, visit http://business.nv.gov.