The Nevada District office of the U. S. Small Business Administration has selected its small business award honorees for 2013. Winners will be recognized at a luncheon on June 6th in Las Vegas. The event will take place at 11:30 a.m. at the Gold Coast Hotel.
Robert Brian Edwards, CEO and Joe Machin, COO, RO Bus Sales, have been named SBA’s Small Business Persons of the Year for the State of Nevada. Messrs. Edwards and Machin have also been invited to attend SBA’s National Small Business Week activities in Washington, D. C. from June 17 – 21, to be recognized with all other state Small Business Persons of the Year. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the SBA, and the 50th annual proclamation of Small Business Week.
Others being honored at the awards function in Las Vegas include:
· Microenterprise Business Person of the Year: Katie Knapp, Owner, Bumblebee Blooms, Reno;
· Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Ty Lee Salazar, Operations Manager, Logistical Solutions, N. Las Vegas;
· Minority Owned Business of the Year: Promilla Mohan, President, Davidson’s Organics, Sparks;
· Women Owned Business of the Year: Laura Zander, CEO, Jimmy Beans Wool, Reno;
· Small Business Exporter of the Year: Kenneth and Sarah Brown, Owners, Critical Tattoo, Carson City;
The nominees are judged by an independent panel of small business leaders on a variety of criteria, including staying power, growth in number of employees, increase in sales, financial reports, innovative products or services, response to adversity, evidence of contributions to community-oriented projects, and small business advocacy.