NCET invites business and technology leaders and advocates to the Nevada Economic Development Conference from Monday, August 20, 2018 to Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa. Early Bird Registration ends July 6!
Mon, Aug 20 – Switch Workshop and Tour
Fee includes transportation, lunch, workshop and tour – Limited to the first 100 registrants
Best Broadband Solutions and Sources for Sustainable Communities Workshop:
This workshop will demonstrate broadband’s ability to drive and support economic development for key industry sectors, anchor institutions, key stakeholders, business and Nevada communities. Topics will include policy, federal funding sources, future technology, and actionable strategies for emerging best practices, rural broadband projects, and the ever growing understanding that broadband is a necessary and essential component of long term rural and urban community vitality.
TOUR: A rare back stage view of the Switch data center. Data centers like Switch have become the backbone of modern, global business. How does Nevada connect now and what do we need to do in the near and distant future…and where it fits into your business and economic diversification efforts.
Tues, Aug 21 & Wed, Aug 22 – Conference
Fee includes conference registration, continental breakfast, lunch, exhibit hall hosted reception.
Hear from a broad cross-section of business & industry professionals, policy leaders and economic experts from Nevada and across the country who will share what is happening in a dynamic, changing Nevada economy. The multi-track conference speakers will present on every aspect of business, industry, and leadership.
Track sessions include:
- Smart Agriculture and the Coming Climate Change
- Will Nevada’s Cannabis Industry Keep Rolling?
- Is Farming Your Next Meal Ticket?
- Agrihood 2.0
- Open Information, Drive Profits
- Using Data to Lure the Next Big Development
- Fixing Nevada’s Broken Housing System
- Turning Brownfields into Green Moneymakers
- The Future of Passenger & Freight Transportation…New Technology and New Thinking
- Nevada’s Infrastructure: Out of Sight and Top of Mind
- The Long and Winding Road of Transportation Funding
- Partnering for Employee Attraction and Retention
- Dazed & Confused: Navigating Marijuana in the Workplace
- Blockchain: What it Is? Why I Should Care?
- Managing and Motivating the Multi-Generational Workforce
- Manufacturing a New Tax Strategy
- The Power of Data Unleashed
- Industry 4.0 – The Future of Manufacturing
- Manufacturing’s Workforce Rollercoaster- Hold On Tight
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
2 day pass – $175 / after July 6 – $200
1 day pass – $125 / after July 6 – $150
Broadband Workshop/Switch Tour – $75 / after July 6 – $100