Our area has incredible resources to help Northern Nevadans start and grow businesses. Finding these resources, or deciding which ones to use, however, can sometimes be a daunting task.
That’s where NCET comes in. The organization formerly known as Nevada’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology is your guide to these business and technology resources, and serves as your personal Rolodex. NCET’s website, www.NCET.org, is your portal to a community calendar, business blogs, resource guides and much more.
In addition, member-supported NCET produces monthly and annual events to connect you with the people and organizations that can help you and your business. And, all of NCET’s events are open to the general public.
• Tech Wednesday: Each month, NCET showcases one of our area’s many cutting-edge technology companies. The early-evening mixers provide a detailed presentation about the company and its technology, along with a tour of the facility. Upcoming tours include LUX dynamics, Pacific States Communications, the Nevada Terawatt Facility and EE Technologies.
• Tech Bite: Designed to demystify common business technologies, each monthly luncheon explores commonly-used technologies and platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, video, QuickBooks and SEO (search engine optimization) and provides actionable advice to maximize the value of these technologies to your business.
• Jelly: Monthly co-working events held at Swill. Stop by to meet other developers and programmer and for a free cup of coffee!
• NCET Small Business Expo: Held each fall, the free-to-attend Expo features everything you need to start or grow your business. Each Expo features over 100 exhibitors, a dozen educational sessions, and an opportunity to network with 1,000 small business owners and entrepreneurs.
• NCET Technology / RGJ Entrepreneur Awards: Each spring, NCET and the RGJ join forces to recognize our area’s best entrepreneurs, technology companies and technologists.