NCET helps you explore business and technology
By Jarrod Lopiccolo
Do you know which forces will drive your businesses’ marketing efforts in 2018? Do you understand how to quickly have an impact on your conversions and sales, even if your knowledge of such complex topics as SEO, content personalization and A/B testing is limited?
If the answer is no, fear not. Here’s what you need to know:
- The rise of social influencers and how you can use them: On the surface, “social influencer” may sound like a made-up title for someone who snowboards all day, eschewing traditional work. In fact, social influencers are the very people who can help make or break your company in 2018. These social media butterflies with large, dedicated followings on Twitter, Instagram and other platforms are the ones you want evangelizing the virtues of your brand to the masses. Knowing how to identify the right social media influencer for your company is critical to working with these digital pied pipers.
- A/B testing for increased conversions/sales: The days of “set it and forget it” are long behind us. In 2018, you need a proactive approach to your website’s content. Constant tweaking – of everything from the copy on your Call to Action buttons to the color of your site’s navigation menu – is a must if you want to constantly increase your conversions and remain relevant.
- How to “create once, publish content everywhere:” Perhaps your team creates great content, but does it scale properly across the various channels you’re sharing it on? What works on Facebook doesn’t work on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Having a comprehensive approach to content distribution that considers all platforms and device types is key to crushing it in 2018.
- Developing your brand’s voice for SEO: Let’s say a potential customer discovers your content. Would they be able to distinguish your brand even without seeing your logo or other visual cues? Now, imagine that customer is Google, which has become increasingly adept at identifying and promoting content based on semantic and contextual clues. Establishing an identifiable voice for SEO is vital in today’s digital marketing world.
- The ins and outs of content personalization: No one likes generic, impersonal content that misses its mark. Customers want to feel understood. Your brand’s content should speak to that reader’s geography and other key demographic markers. Knowing how to do this will set you apart from the pack in 2018.
Learn more about the forces will drive your business in 2018 – and check out Noble Studios recently-remodeled headquarters – at NCET’s Tech Wednesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on January 10 at Noble Studios. You can find more information and registration at NCETwed.org
Jarrod Lopiccolo is CEO and co-founder of Noble Studios, a digital marketing agency based in Reno. He has taken Noble from a single laptop into one of Americas Fastest-Growing Companies on the Inc. 5000 list for five years in a row.