NCET helps you explores business and technology
By Dave Archer
What do jet fighters, ChocoRocks, absinthe, computer recycling and a digital insurance agent have in common? They’re products and services produced by companies that won the 2019 NCET Tech Awards and EDAWN Awards.
One of the many things I love about working at NCET is getting to meet the incredible people and companies who drive our vibrant and diverse business and technology community. One of the ways I discover them is through the annual NCET and EDAWN Awards.
The NCET Tech Awards – now in its 12th year – celebrate the Northern Nevada individuals and companies who have greatly enhanced the growth and prestige of technology community, while the EDAWN Awards recognize the people and resources that have played an integral part in contributing to the growth of our entrepreneurial community.
Now, getting back to jet fighters and ChocoRocks, here are just a few of this year’s award-winning companies:
- Tactical Air Support, Inc. is a leader in commercial air services, tactical aviation training, and technical advisory services for the US Military and International partners. Tactical Air brings the industry’s finest cadre of proven leaders, aviators, maintainers and the upgraded F-5E/F Tiger II adversary aircraft. (www.tacticalairsupport.com)
- Kimmie Candy Company produces candy-coated flavored chocolates – including ChocoRocks – and chocolate-covered nuts in candy shells. Kimmie began manufacturing in Reno in 2007 with a staff of only seven employees. Today, Kimmie’s new location is triple the size and boasts over 50 full-time employees. (www.kimmiecandy.com)
- The Frey Ranch Estate Distillery creates truly unique, world class spirits – including gin, vodka, bourbon and absinthe – by using only the best ingredients and controlling the entire process on their estate. All their corn, rye, wheat, and barley are grown on their property. (www.freyranch.com)
- Advanced Materials and Devices, Inc. leads technological advancements in smart materials and sensors, shock and vibration isolation systems, high-performance electromechanical systems, and provided comprehensive testing solutions. (www.amadinc.com)
- Clear Capital mission is to produce simpler, more delightful-to-use real estate valuation, analytics, and platform technology solutions to an industry that for many years relied on antiquated tools. (www.clearcapital.com)
- New2U Computers provides a responsible way for the community to donate and to give new life to their older technology. New2U provides a paid job development program to individuals with disabilities, who learn valuable information technology skills which prepares them for competitive job opportunities. (www.new2ucomputers.org)
- Talage Insurance is a venture-backed software company making it easy for businesses all over the country to buy commercial insurance. With Talage, business owners can go from start to certificate in less than 10 minutes and from any device. (www.talageins.com)
NCET and EDAWN will honor each of these companies along with the other winners at the NCET / EDAWN Awards Dinner on at 5 pm on Thursday, March 28 at the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa.
You can learn more about all 30 winners and purchase tickets for the Awards Dinner at NCETawards.com.
Dave Archer is president/CEO of NCET, which produces educational and networking events to help people explore business and technology.