Project Management Tips and Tools
Wednesday, January 24: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
On January 24, join NCET and Kandis Porter, the Founder and Managing Director of Effective Flow Connections, as she explains why successful Project Management is critical for delivering optimal business results.
– Did you know organizations are wasting an average of $97 million for every $1 billion invested, due to poor project performance? That is an incredible amount of money that most companies can’t afford to throw away. As organizations are asked to accomplish more with the same or even less resources, effective project management practices are critical.
– Organizations that invest in proven project management practices waste 28 times less money because more of their strategic initiatives are completed successfully.
– It isn’t just the “doers” that need to be well-versed in project management; an actively engaged executive sponsor is the top driver of projects meeting their original goals and business intent.
– Sixty percent of organizations have training on project management tools & techniques; how does your organization measure up?
Attendees will learn about:
– Information on where you can locate definitions for ~200 of the profession’s frequently used terms
– Knowledge of the Project Management Institute’s five process groups and 10 knowledge areas
– A framework for creating a detailed project charter
– Key concepts for project schedule management and using MS Project to stay on track
– Information for tracking and managing Issues, Risks, Actions, and Decisions
– A better understanding of how to capture project Lessons Learned
NCET members may bring an unlimited number of guests at member prices. Join before you RSVP for this event and your savings will pay for some of all of your membership!
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
11:00 am > 1:00 pm
- $27 – NCET members
- $37 – non-members
NEW! Tables for 8 – includes premium location at front of room, table signage, and recognition from the podium during luncheon.
- $216 – NCET members
- $296 – non-members
NCET events have been selling out! RSVP early so you don’t miss this great event.
The Fine Print:
– Advance reservations required. RSVP by 5 pm on the Tuesday before the lunch. (Sorry, walk-ins not available)
– We encourage you to pay in advance—there is a $10 service charge for payment at the door.
– No-shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation unless cancelled at least 48 hours before the event.
NCET members receive substantial discounts on NCET events. Your membership pays for itself quickly. Join NCET now and save!
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
3800 S. Virginia Street
Reno NV 89502
About Our Speaker:
Kandis Porter is the Founder and Managing Director of Effective Flow Connections, a Management Consulting company, primarily focusing on project management, process improvement, and training. She has a Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) from The George Washington University and an MBA in Human Resources. In addition, she is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Six Sigma Green Belt. Kandis lives in Reno and is a member of NCET, Nevada’s largest technology networking group, and the Project Management Institute’s Northern Nevada Chapter.
Kandis Porter has more than 15 years of experience managing people and large projects in both the government and private sectors. She has expertise developing and deploying solutions in project management, organizational development, change management, process improvement, and training. She has supported clients in the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, utilities, and medical device industries.
For more information, contact NCET at (775) 453-0130 or info@NCET.org
|Luncheon Sponsorships – $500 per luncheon||Luncheon Display Tables – $100 per luncheon|
|• Logo and live link on four emails sent to 7,000 of Northern Nevada business, community and educational leaders.
• Logo and live link on NCET’s Tech Bite webpage
• Mention on NCET’s Facebook pages
• Recognition at luncheon
• Logo displayed in onscreen before luncheon begins
• Opportunity to distribute literature and other handouts to attendees
• Sponsorships include a display table and two tickets to that month’s luncheon.
|Looking for an inexpensive way to promote your business?
NCET offers display table space exclusively to NCET members at each Tech Bite luncheon for the bargain price of just $100 for a full table.
You can use your table for collateral and displays, to hand out information, to pass out pamphlets or to greet attendees. This is a great way to highlight your services and promote your business!
You can reserve your display table as you purchase your ticket to the luncheon.
|For more information, contact Dave Archer at (775) 315-7635 or Dave@NCET.org to take advantage of these opportunities.|