Server Technology of Reno will be recognized as Technology Company of the Year in the first-ever NCET Awards this month.
The company, which has been located in Reno since 2000, manufactures power-distribution units. Other winners in the competition who will be honored in an Oct. 21 reception following the Silver & Gold Venture Capital Conference include:
• Technology Start-up: Diigo.com, a Reno company that has developed social bookmarking technology.
• Green Companies of the Year: Dream Weaver Marketing of Reno, creator of a reusable grocery bag, and Itronics Inc., which recycles photochemical wastes into fertilizer.
• Technology Entrepreneur of the Year: Aki Korhonen, founder of PC-Doctor Inc., a Reno-based developer of personal computer diagnostics.
• CIO/CTO of the Year: Jack Dawson of IQ Systems Inc., a Reno company that provides system integration and network services.
• Technology Educator of the Year: Christopher Simon, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Nevada, Reno, who has researched the political and technical perspectives of renewable energy.
Individual tickets are $75 and tables of eight are $600. To purchase tickets or for more information, please contact Emily Somerville at (775) 853-4226 or Emily@NCET.org.
The awards are sponsored by Nevada’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, the Nevada Commission on Economic Development, the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada and Northern Nevada Business Weekly.