This unique first course in entrepreneurship provides a point of entry into the entrepreneurial support community being developed by the University of Nevada, Reno, Truckee Meadows Community College and Entrepreneurship Nevada. Open to college students and community members, the course provides opportunities for ongoing mentorship and valuable understanding of the key characteristics successful entrepreneurs tend to possess.
• Learn about entrepreneurial basics, competitive edge and your own entrepreneurial capacities
• Gain insights into your business ideas and what it takes to move toward launching a business
• Understand sustainable profitability
• Practice presenting business ideas to potential supporters
• Receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs
Where: Redfield Campus, 18600 Wedge Parkway, Room 214, Reno
Instructors: Rod Hosilyk, lecturer, and Matt Westfield, lecturer, College of Business, Dept. of Economics, UNR
Credit: 3 undergraduate or graduate credits, or noncredit option
Fee: UNR: ENT 493/693 Special Topics in Entrepreneurship, $628.50 undergraduate credit; $831.00 graduate credit or
TMCC: ENT 200 Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship, $252.00 undergraduate credit or
Noncredit: PD 493 Entrepreneurship Jumpstart, $395
Visit www.extendedstudies.unr.edu for cancellation and refund policies.
A six-session weekend course providing entry into the entrepreneurial support community for college students and community members
Course Registration and Information
• UNR undergraduate/graduate students register online at www.mynevada.unr.edu
• TMCC undergraduate students register online at www.my.tmcc.edu. Contact Nancy O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Noncredit/professional development students register online at www.extendedstudies.unr.edu (search by course title). Contact Dawna Snyder at email@example.com for more information.
For additional information, call Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno, (775) 784-4062. From outside the Reno area, call toll free at 1-800-233-8928.
Academic Credit Registration Requirements for UNR
All students who wish to enroll for undergraduate or graduate credit and who have never attended the University of Nevada, Reno and have not paid the application fee must pay a nonrefundable application fee of $60 in addition to course fee.
Immunization Requirement (Academic Credit only)
Proof of immunization is required for all students attending undergraduate/graduate credit classes that meet in Washoe County (Reno, Sparks, Redfield). Registrations cannot be processed without complete documentation. For information, call the Student Health Center at (775) 784-6598.
Course Grades and Certificates of Completion
Certificates of completion will be issued in mid August; grades for academic credit will be posted to transcripts in late August 2013.
For more information contact Extended Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno:
www.extendedstudies.unr.edu | (775) 784-4062 or 1-800-233-8928