Catherine Oaks – Social Mediology: The Psychology of Social Media
Reno-Sparks Convention Center
Wed, Apr 24 | Networking: 11 am | Program: Noon
Social media. It’s become high-octane fuel for business. But there’s psychology behind using Facebook, LinkedIn and other online platforms to drive greater returns on investment.
On April 24, we’ll spend the lunch hour analyzing psychology-based approaches to better, more effective social media efforts that challenge assumptions and norms and promote taking risks — all in the name of better business.
Join us for what promises to be an insightful and thought-provoking session on the world of social media and how businesses can best use it to their advantage.
Here’s what to expect from this Biz Bite:
- Debunking the social media myths. There are plenty of them out there, from “it’s just a passing fad” to “it takes too much time” to “people with money don’t use it, so why bother?”
- The basics of Social Mediology 101. You CAN use psychology to master social media, and why psychology is more important than technology in the social media arena.
- Managing social media: From chaos to control. You, too, can spice up your social media. How? Experimenting matters, as does daily planning with all-important commitment and consistency.
Come for the lunch and stay for the discussion on how you can hone your social media skills and use the dynamic world of online communication to your business advantage.
NCET members may bring an unlimited number of guests at member prices. Join before you RSVP for this event and your savings will pay for some of all of your membership! Join NCET now and save.
Wednesday, Apr 24, 2019
11 am > 1 pm
$30 – NCET members
$40 – non-members
Tables for 8 – includes premium location at front of room, table signage, and recognition from the podium during luncheon.
$240 – NCET members
$320 – non-members
All NCET luncheon events must be paid for in advance. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled automatically.
NCET events have been selling out! RSVP early so you don’t miss this great event.
The Fine Print:
- Advance reservations required. RSVP by NOON on Tuesday, Apr 23. (Sorry, walk-ins not available)
- No-shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation unless cancelled at least 48 hours before the event
- NCET members receive substantial discounts on NCET events. Your membership pays for itself quickly. Join NCET now and save!
Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89502
About Our Speaker
Catherine Oaks is the founder and CEO of Sliice Marketing (sliicemarketing.com). Catherine has a MBA in marketing and twenty years of global marketing experience. She is a webmaster, a certified social media manager, SEO expert, marketing strategist, web developer, and graphic designer specializing in digital media marketing.
A multi-lingual, multi-cultural, world-traveled marketer with a wide range of experience and unique creative flair, Catherine has held various executive roles in companies in the hospitality, event solutions and entertainment fields (GameWorks Entertainment, ACCESS Event Solutions, RED Management).
Catherine won several design awards as well as the prize of the 3rd best startup in Northern Nevada in 2007.
For more information, contact NCET at info@NCET.org
NCET Biz Bite Sponsorship Opportunities
NCET provides a wide range of display tables and sponsorship opportunities to promote your businesses. For more information, visit www.NCETbite.org or contact Dave Archer at (775) 315-7635 or Dave@NCET.org