Dr. Karen Gedney: Dealing with Negative Workplaces and People
Wed, Feb 27 | Networking: 11 am | Program: Noon
Negativity in the workplace. We all have seen it. But it’s important to address negative workplaces as they can crimp business and, consequently, hurt productivity and profitability. On December 5th, we will analyze the best ways to transform a negative workplace into a team-based positive mission.
Join us for a story-based, entertaining look at what drives human behavior, from the side of psychology and medicine, in the workplace and how best to bring out not only the best in your co-workers but also the importance of hiring the right people in the first place.
Here’s what you’ll learn at this Biz Bite:
- Examples of why companies are investing money in addressing negative workplaces and what they are focusing on, such as compassion, the importance of hiring the right people, and the importance of integrity over skill.
- Understanding negative and difficult people, the brain and emotions, and the psychological and medical impact on the group.
- A discussion of the best ways to deal with negative people, seeing through the drama.
- A discussion on how best to build your own resilience to negativity in the workplace.
- Examples of best practices in changing a negative work environment and what companies are doing.
Come for the lunch and stay for the discussion on how to turn a negative workplace into a positive, teamwork-based mission for financial success.
NCET members may bring an unlimited number of guests at member prices. Join before you RSVP for this event and your savings will pay for some of all of your membership! Join NCET now and save.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
11 am > 1 pm
$27 – NCET members
$37 – non-members
Tables for 8 – includes premium location at front of room, table signage, and recognition from the podium during luncheon.
$216 – NCET members
$296 – non-members
All NCET luncheon events must be paid for in advance. Unpaid reservations will be cancelled automatically.
NCET events have been selling out! RSVP early so you don’t miss this great event.
The Fine Print:
- Advance reservations required. RSVP by NOON on Tuesday, February 26. (Sorry, walk-ins not available)
- No-shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation unless cancelled at least 48 hours before the event
- NCET members receive substantial discounts on NCET events. Your membership pays for itself quickly. Join NCET now and save!
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
3800 S. Virginia Street
Reno NV 89502 (map)
About Our Speakers
Dr. Karen Gedney is board certified in Internal Medicine and Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine.
She also is the author of “30 Years Behind Bars,” a story of her career as a Nevada prison physician which has given her a unique perspective in human behavior and what it takes for individuals and institutions to transform and change.
Dr. G, as she is known, is a master storyteller in promoting awareness, compassion, thinking outside the box and inspiring individuals to take action for the things in their lives or their communities that they want to change.
For more information, contact NCET at (775) 453-0130 or info@NCET.org
NCET Biz Bite Sponsorship Opportunities
NCET provides a wide range of display tables and sponsorship opportunities to promote your businesses. For more information, visit www.NCETbite.org or contact Dave Archer at (775) 315-7635 or Dave@NCET.org