The Lee Business School at UNLV has created a worldwide $1,000,000 Lee School Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the goal of discovering and funding innovative technologies and solutions that make the food & beverage, hospitality, casino, sports & entertainment and travel industries a safe place for employees and guests in the post pandemic world. It is open to all businesses, and the application deadline is July 5, 2020. Click the button below for more information about the Lee Prize, criteria, or to submit a proposal.
- Worldwide submissions will be accepted.
- Submissions from companies, faculty, students, and/or individuals and groups will be accepted.
- Submissions do not need to be patented prior to submitting.
- Your product or service must support the evolved needs of the casino, food & beverage, hospitality, sports & entertainment, and travel industries in the post pandemic world.
- Your product or service must be able to be brought to market in 12 months or less to have immediate impact on the industries designated above.
- During the application phase of the process, do not share details that you feel may be described as intellectual property. Please consult an IP attorney if you are not sure, what could be protected as IP. If you are chosen as a Finalist, there will be the opportunity to consult with an IP attorney who has donated some hours on a pro bono basis.
In order to be eligible, you or your company must fit into one of the categories below:
- You or your company have not already raised more than $5,000,000 in capital.
- Your existing company is pivoting your manufacturing or business model to support the needs of the casino, food & beverage, hospitality, sports and entertainment, and travel industries.
- You are an existing provider to the casino, food & beverage, hospitality, sports & entertainment, and travel industries seeking the access to the new relationships and capital required to launch a new product.
You must submit a pitch deck, not to exceed 12 pages. Click here for the sample pitch deck criteria.
More info at https://www.leeprize.com/