Milena Regos, NCET board member and sponsor, is the founder and CEO of Out&About Marketing, which has just published the results of their second annual Reno-Tahoe State of Social Media survey, including feedback and insight from over 100 area marketers about their digital marketing and social media activities. The objective results provide 16 pages of detailed data to compare local businesses regarding time and money spent on social media marketing, tracking and measurement preferences, best practices and more.
- Top 3 challenges for marketers: time, measuring effectiveness/proving the value and content
- 41% of marketers spend 8+hours/week on social media marketing.
- Reach, engagement and resonance are the top three things Reno-Tahoe marketers measure.
- Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and HootSuite are the top 3 preferred ways of measuring social media efforts
“We’re excited to release our Reno-Tahoe social media survey results at no cost for the second year in a row,” said Out&About Marketing Principal Milena Regos. “It’s a great information source to share with colleagues and staff to use in business marketing planning. Those who download the results may find out what and how social media marketers measure in the Reno-Tahoe area, how they allocate time and money to these efforts, as well as the biggest benefits of their digital and social media marketing.”
The survey results may be used to compare platforms and tactics, benchmark against peers and identify areas for improvement. Findings from the second annual Reno-Tahoe survey include:
- Time and money allocated for digital and social media marketing
- Commonly used social networks and tools for business
- What and how participants are currently measuring their social media efforts
- How participants plan to change their activities and budgets in the next year
- What participants would like to do if they had more resources
- Who’s doing it best in the Reno-Tahoe area
The report is available for free download on OutandAboutMarketing.com. Those interested in participating in the 2014 survey and/or learning how Out&About Marketing can help your digital and social media marketing efforts are asked to contact Milena@OutandAboutMarketing.com.