By Caren Roblin – Northern Nevada Business View
If the question I’m asked the most when speaking with business owners is “Should I really be on Instagram?” then the follow-up to that is almost always “What should I post?”
In August, I shared five reasons why your small business should be on Instagram, but I’d be leaving you hanging if I didn’t share a few content ideas you can experiment with on the visuals-first platform.
These 18 ideas are intended for small businesses with a presence on Instagram, intending to target the platform’s main audience, which is 34 years old and younger. Every idea requires a thoughtful visual presentation that will grab a user’s attention in Instagram’s news feed or search results.
1. Feature your product in a stylized photo, especially if it’s new or a limited-edition item (these can get seasonal, too!)
2. Show an interesting way to use your product
3. Announce sales or promotions you’re having
4. Share inspirational images or quotes that would resonate for your target audience
5. Celebrate your company’s milestones or even general holidays
Read the rest of the article at nnbusinessview.com.
Caren Roblin is Director of Content at Sierra Nevada Media Group, which publishes the Northern Nevada Business View. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.