UNLV’s Center for Entrepreneurship is pleased to introduce our new Certificate in Investing in Early Stage Companies (Angel Investing). The first session begins January 27! Details on this new program can be found below, or you can visit us online for even more information.
Join Bill Payne for a free information session to learn more! Dates and times are to the right.
Register now, or contact us at (702) 895-4965 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this program.
INVESTING IN EARLY STAGE COMPANIES (Angel Investing)
About the Program – This program is designed for individuals who are interested in learning about making equity investments in private companies. Individuals can enroll in the entire program to develop a well-rounded knowledge of private equity investments, or can enroll in specific classes to gain more knowledge in a specialized area. This program provides exceptional benefits for those who qualify as an accredited investor according to SEC guidelines.
Program Outline & Courses – The program consists of six (6), three-hour classes. Each of the course sessions will be taught by instructors with extensive knowledge and experience in their respected areas of expertise. Instructors teaching the courses will be experienced investors, attorneys, and financial professionals.
- Introduction to Angel Investing – January 27 – Bill Payne
- Valuation of Early Stage Ventures – January 29 – Bill Payne
- Due Diligence – February 3 – Mark Brennan
- Structuring the Deal – February 5 – Bryan Clark
- Post Investment Engagement – February 10 – Bill Botts
- Pitching Session – February 12 – Bill Payne
FREE Info Sessions – Free information sessions will be led by Bill Payne to better acquaint those interested in the program. Sessions will be held at UNLV’s Student Union in room 224.
- Jan. 13 at 5:30 PM
- Jan. 14 at 9:00 AM
A courtesy RSVP email to email@example.com is appreciated, but not required.
TUITION AND REGISTRATION
Tuition – Tuition for all six sessions is $2,400 and covers materials, meals, parking and other necessary supplies. Courses may be taken individually for $450 each.
Register – Click here to register for the complete program.
To register for only part of the program, email entrepreneurship.unlv.edu or call (702) 895-4965.
Benefits – Participation in the program includes benefits such as:
- The opportunity to meet angel colleagues and local experts
- Network with others interested in private equity
- Learn from top talent in Las Vegas
- Checklists, best practices, models, and resources to increase efficiencies and prevent costly mistakes in business venture opportunities
- Receive a Certificate in Investing in Early-Stage Companies (Angel Investing) upon full completion of the program