Social Media Day Reno will kick off at Chapel Tavern (1099 S. Virginia St.) with an amazing Instagram (photo) scavenger hunt through downtown Reno on Sunday, June 30 at 2 pm. Between now and then, register your team of two, grab your sneakers and race to the finish.
The winning team will receive two Nexus 7 tablets and swag courtesy of event sponsor Noble Studios. The second and third place teams will receive two gift cards (per team) and other cool swag. Other great prizes will be awarded via a live raffle drawing.
Here’s how it works:
1. Between now and June 30, locals are invited to put together a team of two, pick a name and register.
2. On Sunday, June 30 between 1 pm and 2 pm, teams will check-in at Chapel Tavern, located at 1099 S. Virginia St. in Reno. The race will begin at 2 pm sharp!
3. Teams will be given a set of clues leading them to complete challenges around downtown Reno. At each check-in, teams are required to snap a photo using Instagram. Each post must include the hashtag #SMDayReno and the Twitter or Instagram handle of the location of each stop.
4. Teams are encouraged (but not required) to share their photos on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and other social networks.
5. Teams need to cross the finish line at Chapel Tavern no later than 4 pm to qualify for the first, second or third place prize.
6. During the scavenger hunt, the judges will be tracking the teams’ progress.
7. Winning is simple. The first three teams to cross the finish line and successfully complete all of the tasks will claim a prize. The first place team will receive two Nexus 7 tablets and swag courtesy of event sponsor Noble Studios. The second and third place teams will receive two gift cards (per team) and other cool swag.
8. All teams must cross the finish line at 4 pm. In the event no team successfully completes all of the tasks on the scavenger hunt within the two hours timeframe; winners will be determined by the teams who cross the finish line first and successfully complete the most tasks. In the event of a tie, winners will be selected by random drawing.
9. The party will continue at Chapel Tavern, where drink specials will be offered and prizes will be awarded. At the after party, participants will be encouraged to take their picture in front of the Social Media Day Reno backdrop featuring the event sponsors’ logos.
All proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit the Eddy House, a transitional independent living program for males aging out of the foster care system in Reno. Click here to make an additional donation to the Eddy House.
Event sponsors include Noble Studios, The Abbi Agency, NCET, Ad2 Reno, AIGA Reno-Tahoe, and the Reno-Tahoe AMA. Review the official rules, see a complete list of supporting sponsors, and register your team of two now.
Ready. Set. Go! Grab your friends, register for #SMDayReno 2013, and may the best team win!