Hiring an employment law expert can cost you a pretty penny — though we all know it’s important for business.
Well how about some absolutely free insights from an employment lawyer? The August Tech Café will offer just that, as Dora Lane, labor and employment partner at Holland & Hart LLP, discusses “What’s Hot in Employment Law?”
Businesses of all sizes count on Lane to guide them through labor and employment issues to keep their operations running smoothly. She counsels and trains employers to hire, manage, and, when necessary, fire employees in compliance with federal and state employment laws.
In this presentation, Lane will discuss various employment law changes or interpretations that have become particularly prominent in the last 12 months, including:
· Status of the Department of Labor’s overtime regulations under the current administration;
· The Nevada Labor Relations Board’s expanded reach into non-union workplaces;
· Restrictive Covenant Agreements;
· Marijuana legalization, its effect on the workplace and how to prepare for difficult employment situations;
· Key day-to-day employment issues like hiring, managing, and firing employees in compliance with federal and state employment laws.
So join us in The Basement for Tech Café. Go to the historic post office in downtown Reno, then head downstairs. Listen, learn, enter to win raffle prizes — and learn about employment law without the steep hourly fee.
NCET’s Tech Café is open from 2 to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 16, and the program starts at 3 p.m.
Oh, and by the way: It’s free to attend, no RSVPs are needed, and everyone is welcome.
We love it when you bring guests to NCET events. And now we’re giving you even more reasons to bring a friend or colleague!
At the beginning of each Tech Bite and Tech Café, people with guests can stand and introduce themselves and their guests, and be entered in drawings for great NCET stuff. RSVP now for yourself and bring a friend!
(Parking is available in The Basement’s lot next to the Truckee River along with lots of nearby street parking and free parking in the Cal Neva parking garage.)
Event Photography and Videography
Insight Studio, Inc.