The Nevada District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration announced today it is actively seeking nominations for its statewide 2014 Small Business Awards. The SBA will recognize honorees in the following categories at a premier event on May 22, 2014 at the Gold Coast Hotel/Casino, sponsored by Vegas PBS.
- Nevada Small Business Person of the Year
- Nevada Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Nevada Young Entrepreneur of the Year (under 30 by 6/1/14)
- Nevada Microenterprise Person of the Year (5 employees or fewer)
- Nevada Minority Owned Business of the Year
- Nevada Woman Owned Business of the Year
- Nevada Family Owned Business of the Year
- Nevada Veteran Owned Business of the Year
- Nevada Rural Business of the Year
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
“Despite the current economic challenges facing small companies, there are many success stories among the Nevada small business community,” says Ed Cadena, SBA’s Nevada District Director. “It is our privilege to honor those who demonstrate a record of business success to help ensure Nevada’s small businesses continue to prosper,” Cadena adds.
“Successfully managing a small business during economic adversity is one of the pinnacles of business achievement, and deserving of public recognition. Fellow business owners, bankers, chambers of commerce and other community organizations know who is deserving of these awards, and we encourage them to nominate such individuals,” concluded Cadena.
The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, December 16, 2013. A faxable, one-page nomination contact form and eligibility guidelines are available on Nevada SBA’s website, http://www.sba.gov/about-offices-content/2/3133/news/352541 or via e-mail (no calls please) to email@example.com. Nominations should be faxed to: 202-481-0785. Information: 702-388-6652. Nominees will be offered assistance in preparing a package appropriate for judging.