Atlantis – Treasures Meeting Room B
10:00 – 11:00 am – Funding Your Business – Loans, Microloans, SBA Loan and other surprising sources of Debt Funding
- Roger Kadz, Nevada State Development Corporation (Moderator)
- Michelle Armstrong, Rural Nevada Development Corporation
- Nina Hallock, Great Basin Federal Credit Union
- Casey Prostinak, SVN | Gold Dust Commercial Associates
- Robb Selander, VEDC
11:00 – Noon: Funding Your Business – Equity and other Sources of Investment Funding
- Doug Erwin, EDAWN – (Moderator)
- Debe Fennell, Launch Moxie – Crowdfunding
- Chris Howard, The Ozmen Center – Venture Capital Financing
- Leonard Lafrance, Sierra Angels – Angel Financing
Noon – A Legal Checkup For Your Business
Like an annual exam for your health, or routine maintenance for your vehicle, are you doing regular checkups on the legal aspects your business? In this session, we will discuss key items that business owners should be reviewing and regularly revisiting to ensure you are compliant and proactive in maintaining the legal components of your business.
1:00 – 2:00 pm – Branding: Gain clarity around one of the most confusing buzzwords out there: branding. Learn how to identify your business’s unique selling point and how you can identify who will be most receptive to your product or service. This session will also help you identify the best way to share your story to start solidifying your company’s brand and inciting others to share as well.
- Identifying your unique selling point – Jane Holman
- Identifying your audience – Jane Holman
- Telling your story – Ira Gostin
2:00 – 3:00 pm – Media Outreach: Become your company’s in-house media relations specialist by learning how to identify the appropriate media personnel to contact and the ways in which you can garner their consideration and eventual coverage. Dive into the ins-and-outs of writing an effective press release.
- Writing a press release – Amanda Horn
- Identifying appropriate media – Amanda Horn
- Reaching out to media – Amanda Horn
3:00 – 4:00 pm – Reputation Management: Today’s highly transparent online environment means you have to safeguard your company’s reputation. Learn how to respond to online criticism in a diplomatic, constructive manner, and discover next steps for managing potential crises to mitigate risks to your brand.
- Social media – Amanda McLernon
- Online reviews – Jackie Shelton
- Preparing for a crisis – Alison Gaulden