Server Technology, Inc.
April 1, 2015
5:30 – 6 pm: Networking
6 – 7:30 pm: Program
Have you ever spent time reflecting on the technology that lives inside of a power strip?
Well, imagine that same technology, amplified exponentially. And then consider that the makers of this technology are right here in northern Nevada.
At Server Technology, power distribution units are all they make — intelligent plug strips that reside in data centers ranging from Fortune 500 companies to social media giants to the world’s top online outlets.
A visit to Server Technology reveals:
- A tour of the manufacturing floor where 4,000 power distribution units are built and more than 6,000 shipped per month.
- The “Wall of Innovation,” featuring information and schematics on the company’s industry-leading number of patents — 48 granted, 54 pending.
- Electronic monitors with real time “dashboards” keep employees updated on real-time stats on bookings,
on-time shipments, revenues, goals and relevant information presented to keep employees informed and engaged.
- Reflections of the company’s motto: “Stay Powered. Be Supported. Get Ahead.” These include employee-focused messages like “I am Power,” designed to inspire high workplace morale (and potentially contributing to the company’s core of employees, many of whom have been with Server Technology for 15+ years).
- Pictures of Flat Brandon — a likeness of
company President Brandon Ewing alongside the Queen of England and featured in other global destinations. The internal campaign sparked the interest of employees in Server Technology’s various worldwide offices — from Reno’s headquarters to any of the company’s other 15 international outlets.
- Images of STI’s power strategy experts, who adorn all advertisements and can be seen throughout the building.
“We started in the Bay Area in 1984, moved to Reno in 2000 and have been expanding ever since,” said STI President Brandon Ewing. “We have no outside investors — STI is 100 percent family owned. That means we make quick decisions and avoid a bureaucratic hierarchy. We work hard and play hard.”
This seems appropriate, coming from the man who inspired “Flat Brandon.”
Server Technology is online at www.servertech.com
Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 5:30 – 7:30
• $15 – NCET members
• $25 – non-members
• $10 – Children under 18 accompanied by parent or adult guardian
NCET events have been selling out! RSVP early so you don’t miss this great event.
NCET members receive substantial discounts on NCET events and your membership pays for itself quickly. Join NCET now and save!
Server Technology, Inc.
1040 Sandhill Rd.
Reno, NV 89521, USA (map)
The fine print:
• We encourage you to pay in advance as there’s a $10 service charge if you pay at the door.
• No-shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation unless cancelled at least 48 hours before the event.
For more information, contact NCET at (775) 453-0130 or info@NCET.org.