Worldwide, a woman dies almost every minute from breast cancer, and studies suggest about 1.7 million new women are diagnosed every year with this disease.
However, new technology with the potential to protect millions of women and practically eliminate the reasons for breast cancer death exists and is being made available to more and more hospitals and physicians worldwide.
SonoCiné AWBUS (Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound) is an FDA-cleared medical device that connects to medical ultrasound machines and provides a consistent, repeatable scan of the whole breast.
The main components of the technology are robotics and sophisticated software that uses complicated algorithms to automate how radiologists and sonographers acquire and interpret data, creating a breast-scanning process that reliably detects tumors of 5-10 mm in diameter in dense breast tissue.
In the U.S. alone, about 45 percent of the female population has dense breast tissue; this technology gives a radiologist or technologist a “sound movie” (the literal translation of “SonoCiné”). This moving image — instead of a static picture provided by traditional technologies like mammogram and CT scan —
enables a physician to detect even small cancers easily. Tumors as small as 5 mm (about the width of an eraser on a #2 pencil) visually “pop” against a bright background and draw immediate attention to potential areas of concern.
During Tech Wednesday at SonoCiné, participants will:
- Understand the scope of the breast cancer crisis worldwide, and learn about SonoCiné’s technological solution.
- Learn how they can now improve their personal level of breast care or the care of friends and loved ones.
- Experience a real-time demonstration of the lifesaving capabilities of SonoCiné.
- Network and get a behind-the-scenes tour of SonoCiné, which includes a 5,000-square-foot assembly area designed in work cells that follow a linear progression – including inspection, storage, warehousing, assembly, quality assurance, packaging and shipping.
• $15 – NCET members
• $25 – General Admission
• $10 – Children under 18 accompanied by parent or adult guardian
NCET events have been selling out! RSVP early so you don’t miss this great event.
NCET members receive substantial discounts on NCET events and your membership pays for itself quickly. Join NCET now and save!
8850 Terabyte Court,
Reno, NV 89521(map)
The fine print:
• We encourage you to pay in advance as there’s a $10 service charge if you pay at the door.
• No-shows will be charged the full amount of the reservation unless cancelled at least 48 hours before the event.
For more information, contact NCET at (775) 453-0130 or info@NCET.org.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software